By the time that a leaking roof becomes obvious to you, the home or business owner, the damage may already be substantial. Leaks can be gradual but the damage can build rapidly.
By the time you are reaching for the buckets to contain the leak, it is time to call in the experts.
The consequences of a leaking roof extend beyond the roof:
- Plaster and Drywall can be damaged an will need to be replaced
- The wood infrastructure of the roof may be compromised if continually wet
- Water penetrating through the internal walls can lead to mould and condensation
- Possessions may be damaged by water leaks
- Flooring and carpets often has to be replaced
- Ceilings become water stained, weakened and very often have to be replaced.
So, if you think you have a leak, what should you do:
First thing – Do not ignore a leaking roof – take corrective action immediately.
Get the problem properly assessed – sometimes the leak can be repaired very easily and your problem is solved.
Get a second opinion – Roofs are very technical and the problems and full extent of damages need to be assessed properly.
Kilduff Construction have experience in repairing all types of roofs, from flat roofs, pitch roofs, commercial roofs and more.
Call us today to discuss your leaking roof.Posted on