Kilduff Construction are a firm of building contractors based between Athlone and Roscommon. Established over 40 years ago, we have worked on all types of jobs.
When we say concept to finish, we mean it. In some instances people contact us prior to having a design, prior to appointing an engineer and prior to getting planning permission.
In some cases all we provide is advice and guidance, in other situations, we take on responsibility for the job and from the very outset.
On a project that may require planning permission you will need to consider the following:
1. Whether to appoint an engineer or employ the services of an architect. Both can submit your planning permission, in fact you can do it yourself, but they generally know what is required and how it works.
2. While preparing your designs and plans you will be asked to consider things like insulation, building materials, space utilisation, use of natural light, energy ratings, ESB supplies, Water supplies etc We often advise and educate clients on what they require.
3. Once you receive planning permission, you need to submit commencement notices and pay council project commencement fees. In some cases, especially on commercial jobs, you will require fire certificates.
4. Budgeting – you need to be clear on your budget for the project – Your architect or engineer will be able to supply you with a bill of materials to enable you to cot the project. We also use a quantity surveyor to help determine exact costs. Always better to aim to deliver your project at 90% of your budget because there will be extra and contingencies that you need to plan for.
5. Working with Kilduff Construction – some of our clients take a very active role in their project, others adopt a more stand off approach. Either is fine with us. We want you to be delighted with our work, both the standard of the work and the speed at which we operate. Our policy is based on “no surprises”. We keep you informed on progress and costs at all times.
6. Kilduff Construction can manage any project through to 100% completion – we can even stock the larder for you. We will work with the engineer to ensure compliance and funds drawdown for you, we will ensure that energy ratings and insulation levels are at or better than specifications.