How to select a builder for your project.
At Kilduff Construction, Athlone, Co. Roscommon, the most common questions that we are asked by people who want to select a reputable contractor for their project are:
1. Do all your team have all the necessary documentation like safe pass, working at heights, manual handling, CSCS – Experienced Operator training etc.
All Kilduff Construction team members are fully insured and certified to carry out all manner of construction tasks.
All certifications are maintained and are up to date. If we use any external trades we ensure that they are certified also.
2. Does your company have all the necessary public liability and employers liability insurance?
Kilduff Construction have €13m Employers Liability insurance and Public Liability of €6.5m.
3. What qualifications do the team have to carry out this type of project?
At Kilduff Construction, our team have formal training in Project Management (Masters), all tradesmen are fully qualified with experience and a genuine interest in their work.
4. Have you completed similar projects in Athlone or Roscommon or nearby so that we can look at it or even speak to the customers?
Yes, we have completed both large and small projects in the area and are happy to provide references and site visits if required.
5. Will you be able to commit to our project, especially if it is a small project – they may be worried that they would be neglected.
We always recommend that they speak to similar project owners that we have worked with. Our policy is that we give a project timescale, working with the client and we will stick to this timescale at all times. Some projects can be weather dependent or external factors.
Before you begin your project, Kilduff Construction also recommend the following:
1. Get a reputable engineer/architect to act as a project supervisor – design stage (PSDS), to design a full set of construction & planning drawings and to prepare a detailed specification.this will ultimately save you money and ensure that you get what you are paying for. With the details, you are vulnerable to loose interpretation from contractors. This helps the contractor to submit a competitive quote with nothing excluded making the tender process much fairer and transparent. There there a number of excellent engineers and architects in Athlone, Roscommon, Mullingar and beyond and we can recommend some that we have worked with in the past.